Discussion

4 years ago

About expressing a trimeric protein complex from mammalian tissue

I am planning on doing an analysis via crystallization on a trimeric protein complex from mammalian tissue culture cells. Is it possible to express and purify such a protein from mammalian tissue?

Experiment: Protein expression and purification Mammalian cells - HEK 293 AT2R

Top comment

You may able to express but several factors may effect the expression like the size of the complex, Glycosylation sites, codon usage, etc, I would rather suggest split the complex to monomeric/single units or domains and self assemble after expression.

Answered 4 years ago

3 Comments

Thank you for your answer! I will split the complex into monomeric domains as you suggested

Answered 4 years ago

You may able to express but several factors may effect the expression like the size of the complex, Glycosylation sites, codon usage, etc, I would rather suggest split the complex to monomeric/single units or domains and self assemble after expression.

Answered 4 years ago

Answered 4 years ago

Can you help?

Start your discussion

Share your thoughts or question with experts in your field

Start discussion
Become shareholder Discussions About us Contact Privacy Terms