Discussion

4 years ago

How can I preserve leukocytes for DNA methylation profiling?

I would like to preserve leukocytes for future epigenetic analysis. How can I preserve them effectively in order to perform DNA methylation profiling at a later time?

Experiment: DNA methylation profiling Gene specific profiling - Hypothalamus mouse tissue MeCP2

Top comment

For DNA methylation profiling you only need the DNA, so a good way is to isolate the DNA first and then store the DNA at -20°C. You can also snap-freeze the cells using liquid nitrogen and then store the cells at -20°C and isolate the DNA later. For single cell DNA methylation profiling, probably fresh cells are the best,

Answered 4 years ago

2 Comments

If you are going to perform DNA methylation profiling, i would advice you to promptly extract DNA in order to avoid exposition to any extra stress conditions that could potentially induce unwanted methylation changes in your samples. DNA can be stored safely for long times in the freezer.

Answered 3 years ago

For DNA methylation profiling you only need the DNA, so a good way is to isolate the DNA first and then store the DNA at -20°C. You can also snap-freeze the cells using liquid nitrogen and then store the cells at -20°C and isolate the DNA later. For single cell DNA methylation profiling, probably fresh cells are the best,

Answered 4 years ago

Can you help?

Start your discussion

Share your thoughts or question with experts in your field

Start discussion
Become shareholder Discussions About us Contact Privacy Terms