Discussion

4 years ago

RNA isolation from tissue

How do I extract RNA from animal tissue without using liquid nitrogen? I tried the RNA extraction by using the TRIzol reagent and I homogenize the tissue using polytron homogenizer at room temperature for 30secs is this correct?

Experiment: RNA isolation / purification Tissue - Human testes

Top comment

No, you should not try to homogenize the tissue at room temperature. Instead, you should try homogenize the tissue in ice. As for using liquid nitrogen, you can use dry ice instead of nitrogen.

Answered 4 years ago

2 Comments

Yeah, that is usually sufficient although i do not recall the details of trizol extraction. There is a precipitation step on the soluble phase and then you spin down the pellet, air dry it and don’t overdry it after 70% etoh wash. Bring it up in a small volume of TE rnase free, or some other suitable storage buffer. Keep it at -80. As long as you don’t freeze thaw alot, it will keep for a long time

Answered 3 years ago

No, you should not try to homogenize the tissue at room temperature. Instead, you should try homogenize the tissue in ice. As for using liquid nitrogen, you can use dry ice instead of nitrogen.

Answered 4 years ago

Can you help?

Start your discussion

Share your thoughts or question with experts in your field

Start discussion
Become shareholder Discussions About us Contact Privacy Terms